Thursday, February 23, 2012

Teen Angst

As part of our poetry unit, I've been asking the students to make a "found poem," which is where you pull random words and phrases from various books and magazines and then rearrange them to create a poem (like magnetic poetry).

Some of the poems are surprisingly profound, even though I don't think the students necessarily intended them to be that way.

And some are just funny.

Like this:

I love you
I love you
I do
But I just don't like
Those very old shoes.
I bought you some new ones
You threw them away
I don't know if I want you to be my boyfriend.
Just...
Take me to Justin Bieber's concert
And we'll be okay.
If you don't do what I tell you
We really are gonna become
Frenemies.
Love you.


Sometimes I just die. Bless their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment